Red Lake Walleye Fishing

Over the weekend my aunt and uncle came up with their two boys to spend the weekend at my parents' house.

One of the things my dad and I did was take the two boys and my uncle up to Upper Red Lake to do some walleye fishing.

We had a great day of fishing. It was supposed to be rainy, but it turned out to just be a cloudy day with a little bit of wind--basically perfect walleye fishing weather in my opinion.

We probably caught 50-some walleyes, but could only ended up keeping 11 because of the slot limit (until June 15, any walleye between 17" and 26" has to be returned to the lake). That was plenty of fish for a fish fry, though, so we were happy.

Enjoy some photos from the fishing.


©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist

No comments:

Post a Comment