A Visit From the Farrier, Among Other Things

A couple of days ago Neil Martin, the farrier who takes care of my mom's horses' hooves, stopped by to shoe a couple of our horses and trim their hooves.

Martin has been my mom's horses' farrier for nearly 20 years. He's our neighbor now, and has become a family friend.

I've never taken any photos while he works, but since I graduated and haven't found a job yet, I decided to give myself a little bit of a "self-assigned" assignment. I decided to make some photographs as he worked as if I were covering it for a paper.

It was fun to spend some time out in the barn watching and making pictures.

Enjoy some photos.

©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist

I've decided to turn this post into a bit of a "things I've been up to post" as well. Lately Lauren and I have been doing some morel mushroom hunting. Morel hunting is basically just walking through the woods looking for morel mushrooms.

It's a good excuse to get out in the woods.

We didn't find as many morels as we would have liked, but, from what I hear, it's a little early yet because of the spring we've had. It was still a good time though.

I'm also throwing in here a photo of some hummingbirds fighting near a hummingbird feeder that my mom has.
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist
©Joe Ahlquist

No comments:

Post a Comment