Tribute to a hero...

Tribute to a hero.

In light of Memorial Day, Lauren and I visited the grave of my grandpa.

Clyde Statton was not only a great grandpa but was a World War II veteran. Grandpa served in World War II in the 94th Infantry Division as a part of Patton's 3rd Army in Europe. He was a P.O.W., but was liberated and lived a happy life. He passed away in August of 2006, and has been greatly missed.

Grandpa was a great hero and inspiration. He was never short of one-liners, or tips on how to stack wood, tap maple trees, weld or pretty much anything mechanically. He was a great engineer.

Today Lauren and I placed an American Flag near his head-stone, just like my other cousins and aunts and uncles.

Happy Memorial Day to all living vets and those who have passed. And to those who have payed the ultimate price, we thank you especially. 

And finally, thank you grandpa. Thank you for being a great grandpa, and thank you for what you did for your country. I can speak for all in my family in saying, we miss you. 

Thanks for reading and happy Memorial Day. 

©Joe Ahlquist

1 comment: